This is the first new identification made by scientists since March 2015, in what has become a painstaking and ongoing effort to offer closure to families.
Authorities in NY have identified the remains of a male victim of Al-Qaeda's September 11, 2001 terror attack on the World Trade Center - some 16 years later.
The family of the man have requested that they keep his name private and out of the public, a NY medical examiner's office said yesterday. He is the 1,641st victim of the 2,753 killed at the lower Manhattan site that day to be identified.
The medical examiner's office has been retesting human remains recovered during the original recovery at ground zero, collected before May 2002.
Prince Philip retires from public duties
Princess Charlotte, pictured here with her mother the Duchess of Cambridge, is one of Prince Philip's five great-grandchildren. He also established The Duke of Edinburgh Award in 1956, which aims to instill confidence and new skills in youn g people.
Few full bodies were found in the aftermath of the attack, making it hard for authorities to identify victims.
New, more sensitive DNA technology was deployed earlier this year and helped make the latest identification after earlier testing produced no results, the medical examiner's office said. Potential remains of more than 20 victims were recovered.
After some time, the therapeutic analyst's office came to utilize a procedure that includes beating the sections to remove DNA, at that point contrasting it with the workplace's gathering of hereditary material from casualties or their relatives.
The 9/11 attacks killed a total of almost 3,000 people in NY, at the Pentagon and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
No full bodies were discovered after the attack, according to The Journal.