KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Soda lovers of Utah, rejoice: after decades of serving caffeine-free sodas, Brigham Young University said Thursday, Sept. 21, that it will now offer caffeinated Coca-Cola Co. Since then, as BYU student newspaper The Daily Universe reported in 2015, over a dozen soda shops, including drive-thrus, have opened in Utah County, where the school's main campus in Provo is located.

The university decided in the mid 1950s they would not sell caffeinated soft drinks and haven't since.until today.

Drink dispensers were changed out Thursday morning, Jenkins said, and vending machines have been restocked with both caffeinated and non-caffeinated drinks.

Monahan said he isn't quite sure to what extent the decision will affect his business, as Dr. Pepper is the company's highest seller.

A 2012 "Getting it Right" posting on the church's website explained, "The Church revelation spelling out health practices (Doctrine and Covenants 89) does not mention the use of caffeine".

The move sparked social media celebrations from current and former students, with many recalling how they had hauled their own 2-liter bottles of caffeinated sodas in their backpacks to keep awake for long study sessions. "The Church's health guidelines prohibit alcoholic drinks, smoking or chewing of tobacco, and "hot drinks" - taught by Church leaders to refer specifically to tea and coffee".

Wildest Food Crazes
Wild Food Crazes Fireball Whiskey Bagel Courtesy of The Bagel Nook

There was even a campus moments story made for this sacred, caffeinated day. Employees don shirts that say, "I'm a caffeine dealer".

Consumer preferences have changed, she said.

BYU's soft-drink contract is with Coca-Cola.

A Mormon university ended a ban on the sale of caffeinated beverages.

"You youths will never understand the struggle we went through", Whiteley wrote jokingly in a Facebook post.

Trump Administration Reportedly Will Not Withdraw US From Paris Agreement After All
Trump drew global criticism when he declared the US would pull out of the Paris Agreement and seek a renegotiation. Opponents say withdrawing from the accord is an abdication of United States leadership on a key global challenge.

COMMENTS